Re: Dual Coils

On 14 Aug 00, at 7:50, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jorge F." <jorgetesla-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I,ve seen several coils that have twin coils(out of phase from each
> other).My question is ?how do you go on designing this coils??
>
> Do you match the transformer and the cap the usual way??
>
> And i have no idea on the primary's and secondary's. I know they should be
> mirror images of each other (primaries wound in opposite directions). But
> how do you split the coils in two???
>
> suggestions??

There is no magic. You don't have to wind coils in opposite
directions for some designs. Here is a really easy way to do
it:

base of     |   |   driver secondary  |   |
resonator 1  --- _______UUUUUUU________---  base of
                           +              resonator 2
                         ground
                          tap

Anti-phase polarity is established by the driver. Think of a
pushpull circuit (which it actually is).

Regards,
Malcolm