Re: construction materials

Hi Michael

For sure you can use hardwood for structural use, I build an air compressor
from
scrap piece and I use hardwood for frame, but for high voltage wood is not a
first choices material it's a little bit conductor, for the stand it's OK.

If you want to try a wood really solid you could try Ipe it come from
Brazil and
use for high class deck and it's  price is accessible around the same than oak
and so heavy it sink in water.

Luc Benard(Montreal)