Re: Maggies and such

On 15 Aug 00, at 18:04, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Johnson" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Without analysing the following piece too deeply it is worth
noting the date of publication. It is also worth noting that
experiments and discoveries since this piece was written call
some of its tenets into question (John Freau and I mentioned
the coupling thing earlier). It is further worth noting that
analyses which speak of tight primary/secondary coupling
enabling the free resonator to be treated as a separate entity
without invoking Dr de Queiroz's multiple resonant network
theory assume that the primary is fed by a *voltage source*
(e.g. low impedance signal generator) which a primary
capacitor most certainly is not.

      If anyone doubts this and still thinks there's something
arcane about magnifiers, try the following:
- pick two of your resonators out at random.
- stick a topload on the one which you will use as the extra
coil (if you are going to run it with a topload).
- elevate it on an insulator
- setup the other resonator with a primary as if you were
going to build a 2-coil system.
- connect the top of this resonator to the base of your extra
coil.
- use a scope and signal generator to find Fr of your
secondary+extra coil hooked together.
- tune your primary to this frequency using whatever primary
cap you wish by tapping to the appropriate inductance
- rig up a gap and transformer and fire it up.
- adjust gap, coupling and primary tapping for best results as
usual.

Malcolm