Re: Tube coil related questions

Hi Carl,

No need to have rectifiers blow, I use a series string(s) of 18-20, 1K PIV
-at- 6 Amp diodes  This has worked well with 3 833's 5.5 KV >2.5 KVA, both
filtered DC and Level Shifted AC. Using vac tube rectifiers in a level
shifter is more complex than it is worth, been there, done that ;-). From
Digikey 100 6 amp 1KPIV diodes go for $38 +shipping, Part #6A10MSCT-ND.
Don't worry about snuber caps and resistor. The MOD are generally 12 kPIV
300 to 700 mA and are seriously underrated, curent wise, for our use, the 6
amp diodes have a 400 amp peak surge (8.33 ms), way over rated for our use!

Regards,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com