Re: tesla's colorado lab

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Stefan Richter" <Stefan.Mac.Richter-at-t-online.de>
>
> Hi Mike,
> in an old german book I found the following notes: 1 cm = 1.11pF
>     Greetings from Germany
>     Stefan Richter

	A closer value is 1.1124 pf, trivially different.  One centimeter of
inducatance is 1 nanohenry or 10^-9 henries.  These are electrostatic
units, seldom used these days, but obviously familiar to Tesla.  At time
he prepared CSN the names for units was changing fairly rapidly, and
eventually the present units were adopted.  Doesn't matter what units
you use, of course, if you understand them.  I noted in one quote that
Tesla referred to the frequency in radians/second.  Such notation is
still used in defining control systems for big plans, except that more
common frequency is radians/hour!.  I have never seen this notation used
in a EE note or article.

Ed