Re: I give up!! I regret building my tesla coil!

Hi Garry, all

Hang in there, buddy. Everything you've mentioned-- I've been there,
done that, and got the Tee-shirt. I've been doing this coil thing for
about 12 years now and I've only gotten to where I can build them to
give good results fairly consistantly for the last 2 or 3 years now.
As you've obviously figured out, building a Tesla coil is a tricky skill
to master. At least you do have the list to lean back on now, unlike
me in most of my coiling years of the past. NSTs are a real pain to
properly protect and filter IMHO, but I think Terry has a web-page on
a good filtering network for a NST power supply. Yes, you will probab-
ly continue to spend every spare dime on perfecting this art and you
will eventually master it if you keep at it.

I wouldn't get in too big a hurry to go purchase an Info Unlimited
coil kit as you may be disappointed with its actual output vs. its
claimed output. A lot of coilers (including myself) aren't too im-
pressed with Info Unlimited's product line.

If at first you don't succeed, try,try again. I hope I've encouraged
you a little.

Safe Coilin'
David R.