Re: Oops! My mistake! (was: Getting Closer to First Light with 10KVA Pig)

Hi Ryan,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ryan Ries" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>
>
>         You guys were right and I was wrong about the voltages on the pig.
> It is
> a 14.4/24.9Y and not some weird 28.8.  Sorry for the mistake.  So, here is
> what I have gathered:
>         When I apply 120 volts to the HV terminals on the pig, I read exactly
> 2
> volts across X1 and X3 LV terminals (leaving X2, the center terminal,
> alone).  Thus, a 60:1 turns ratio.  So, if I put 240v (42 amps) into X1 and
> X3, I would get 14.4Kv (10KVA) out the HV terminals, correct?
>
>         Thanks,
>             Ryan Ries

Exactly! It's the standard 14.4KV, 694mA, 20,749 ohm impedance tranformer. As
mentioned in the other emails, check the 5 position switch to ensure it's
tapped correctly. My switch is on the side of the pig under a screw-on black
plastic cover.

Bart