Terry's coils online after all these years :o)

Hi All,

	I have been working a bit on my web site stuff and I now have pages
showing my large and small coils at:

http://63.225.104.218/test/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoil.htm
http://63.225.104.218/test/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/SmallCoil.htm

I have never been known for great web sites :o) but it may be of interest.
I DID try to minimize the graphics file sizes, so get off my case bout
that! :-))))  I should probably still add some GIANT high resolution
overall JPGs for those that want to 'zoom in' an a particular point for
interest and still make out something besides fuzzy dots...  With the files
here on my desk, "web space" is not an issue (I have USWest DSL)...

I got an Olympus 3000 digital camera that other list members recommended
and the 64MB 'card thing' and I am extremely happy with it!!  It is as good
as a 35mm and I can now digitally fix all of "my" usual camera boo boos :O
I "think" its 3.3M pixel resolution is better than my fancy 35mm chemical
film camera.  Not as many lens toys but definitely making me wonder if all
the 35mm film stuff (Minolta X-700) is now dumpster filler...  I do have
WIN2000 (I like that a LOT!)  It really IS the best Windows... (Perhaps not
saying much ;-)) on the new laptop.  It seems to be pretty essential to the
new "USB" stuff the camera has...  The laptop came with "Win98se, new and
'really' fixed this time" version which was pretty worthless...  I HAD to
go get the 'real power' of the latest and greatest "NT"...  (Terry is an NT
die hard ;-))

The rest of the stuff is at:

http://63.225.104.218/test/TeslaCoils/TeslaCoils.htm

But mostly just a mirror of what I already have up at Stan's site at:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/tesla_site.html

63.225.104.218 is a dynamic link to the old 486 laptop here on my desk.  It
can easily change so don't link to it (ok, I am too cheap for the permanent
IP, but this stays very constant...).  I changed to standard IP addressing
for those with WebTV and such that could not handle decimal IP addresses.
I have this fancy new digital camera and I got the Micro$oft Front Page
thing so I should be able to do a bit better at updating this in the
future.  I also have a new coiling "play room" now which gives me 3X the
space!!  YES!!  Sorry about the "loud" carpet, it came with the territory :-))

I am thinking about putting up a simple 1x2 and chicken wire Faraday cage
in this room to add further protection as my house gets more and more
Internet networked (Eithernet...  Hey, gota have it ;-)) and such.  I guess
those do a good job and all, but any suggestions from those who have tried
these cages are welcome.

For a fun idea...  Has anyone ever thought about a "web coil".  You know, a
tesla coil people could run over the web :-))  Perhaps a little silly and
corny but then "anyone" could run a coil ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry