Re[2]: Here are my current specks: Was I give up!

     Garry,

     I can't read your ascii diagram below, maybe my email client doesn't
     like it.  I don't really understand your description of your circuit
     either.  I'm not sure how you could "centertap" the primary.

     Regardless, if you want good sparks and no more dead NSTs, I would
     just use the classic disruptive TC design, which is as follows in
     order from the NST on:

     - NST
     - spark gap from each HV lead to ground. This is the safety gap and
     will protect your NST.  Set by closing until it fires, and then
     opening until it just doesn't.
     - Main spark gap across HV leads
     - main cap in series with one hv lead. lead then goes to moveable tap
     on primary.  This is the tap that is changed to adjust tuning.
     - other hv lead goes to inner end of primary spiral.

     And get rid of the chokes.

     If you want to experiment with new TC circuit designs, that's cool and
     I'd love to hear about your results.  But you can't be suprised when
     they're less efficient or downright dangerous for your NST.

     Paul