NE Ohio Teslathon/ update

Christy Wallace,<jcwallace-at-cybrtown-dot-com> wife of
coiler Jason Wallace has expressed an interest
in putting up a web page for the event, so all who
plan to attend
please email her to be listed. She will also be
coordinating the
food so if you have questions about what to bring ect.
Contact
her. I dont think food will be a problem, we will have
a barbeque
but if anyone wants to help by bringing something
contact her.

Today a large damaged secondary was scope tested by
MWO methods.
This inductor has a 1.5 ht/diameter ratio in what used
to be about
270 winds of 14 gauge wire. It is wound on a 20 in
diameter Sonotube.
The coil was several yards from the high freq plates
that cause a
hf signal to be produced on any inductor within
vicinity of these
plates. It is thought by theory that since each style
inductor
produces a different frequency to the scope, those
inductors are
ringing at their natural self resonant frequency.
However the numbers
and the expected results dont jive too well. This coil
of 1500 ft
should have a quarter wavelength value( I know by now
that is not
a defining parameter, and that it is invalid as an
actual self resonant
frequency value, but it gives a ballpark value to
start with) of around
164,000 hz. The actual freq found on the coil by this
MWO method has one
 cycle occupying 1.2 div at a 2us/div sweep rate for a
figure of around
416,000 hz, not a very big matchup. But it is about 3
times the value found
 on a 500 ft 14 gauge coil by the same method, which
shows that the length
changes the induced frequency. Thus I should have no
problem scoping anyones
secondary to see if what is recorded matches
theoretically what their
resonant frequency might be. I also have a repaired a
secondary of the  same H/d
ratio that I will be testing to see if it is close to
the frequency I obtained today.
Who knows I might even get a primary rebuilt for that
one in time for the event.

In other matters I have reposted a number of tesla
list posts at the
messageboard having to do with theoretical matters, I
particularly
liked Jim Lux's explanation of 3 Phase.

Sincerely HDN
Dont have a calender handy, event is for third Sat of
Sept/ directions at messageboard

=====
Binary Resonant Systemhttp://www.insidetheweb-dot-com/mbs.cgi/mb124201