Waste of time_was_ Here I sit in total mysery being blown off by every s

Original poster: "Paul Mathus" <pmathus-at-learningco-dot-com>

     I agree.  Coils are a spectacular waste of time, energy, and money,
     and if you aren't having a good time wasting those things on them,
     what's the point?

     paul

Lot's of things started out as a waste of time. Think of it......

Computers:
  Do you have any concept how many hours I piddle away in front of this
thing? For what? The simple computer in your car is more powerfull than what
NASA had in 69 and that got us to the moon! What more could we need? Do we
really need to be able to know the millionth digit of Pi in 5 seconds? (It's
9 by the way)
"640k of RAM aught to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates, 1981
I have 1048MB currently...WHY? What possible need do I have for dual
PIII-500 processors, a Gig of RAM, a dual processor video card (Oxygen
GVX-210), and enough hard drive to hold the library of congress? What could
I possibly need to store in that that I cannot find in seconds on the net?
Or God forbid use my BRAIN and read a book!

Automobiles:

Recently (couple of years ago) the ThrustSST surpassed Mach 1 at the
Bonneville Salt Flats....WHY? Do you have any idea the ticket you would get
for that? Even here in Michigan the limit is only 75MPH! Sure, you could use
the Autobahn, but how would you compete with other traffic?
What possible use could we have for it? Do you realise the amout of fuel it
wasted in it's run of only a few minutes? More than I use in a YEAR!

Electrical Design:

In the 60's a kludge of paperclips and wax so ugly they don't even keep the
original in the smithsonian replaced the wonderful world of glowing glass.
Immediately we had the 7 transistor radio and the world of solid state. Now
we go a step further into SMT (Surface Mount Technology)...WHY? It's
incredibly small and impossible to solder without special tools. Try to
remove a PLCC chip with a regular iron! HA! We sould be happy that a 100
watt amplifier can now be carried by only one person! (and not draw 300
watts from the wall...lol).

People lived for thousands of years without ANY electricity, steam power,
cars, internet, or even electric toasters and martinni glasses. They did
just fine. Even in the middle ages women gave birth without neonatel care
and raised perfectly fine kids without formula or disposable diapers. You
think Tesla had Simulac? Or Ritalin, special-Ed, MTV, or the demonic
PokeMon? THE MAN PLAYED WITH JUNEBUGS FOR FUN!

However.........

The mortality rate in the middle ages wasn't so hot either. Our friend
Rattus Rattus helped spread Plague (both bubonic and pneumonic forms) over
enough of europe to kill off half of them.

The automobile has changed us from a world where people usually lived their
entire lives never travelling more than 5 miles in radius from birth.

Supersonic transportation has opened us to a cost of spices, commodities,
and technology that we can actually afford.

The Space program has given Jim a job ;)

And our weirdo friend Tesla gave us Usable power from Franklin's suicidal
Cumulonimus Marx bank. Along with Radio (Marconi was a thief), SAFE and
distributal energy (Edison was a theif, killer, and generally icky-poo kinda
bum), and a few other wonderful toys.

In his lifetime of research he stumbled upon the electrical swingset that
bears his name. It has taken us a hundred years and half of us still can't
get it right. Dreams is the stuff Physics is made of and Tesla dreamed big
(even bigger than me :) ). Most of the people on this list have I.Q.s that
make me look like a typing chimp and THEY bicker and moan about the tinyest
little bits of this INCREDIBLY SIMPLE ELECTRONIC TOY.

Look at the schematic for a tesla coil.....How easier can it get? Even I can
draw one from memory in 30 seconds.

But this incredibly simple toy can stump some of the most advanced minds on
our planet....how?

You can take all your advanced maths, LTR, Transmission line thorem, design
rules, and opinion...I can tell you the REAL SECRET BEHIND HOW AND WHY A
TESLA COIL ACTUALLY WORKS! I have found it out, the second I first made mine
fire.

THE GREAT SECRET OF TESLA COILING??????

Ask anyone who has ever seen one fire.

There's magic inside.