Re: Inductive Kick LTR Pig Systems

Hi All,

	A 500uF PFC cap fixed it real good.  240 VAC in at 46.4 amps can charge a
350nF cap to 22kV.  I could get that better with fine tuning but the
numbers are working out just as expected.  The ballast is at 10mH.  So
about 91% VA efficency without really trying.

	With such a large primary cap, the Q for the primary system is really
important!  A large primary inductance helps a lot but you would really
need to have a very low loss primary system.  High primary to secondary
coupling helps but there is a limit to that.  I notice in the models that
the primary Q and output impedance match to the arc is not well tuned for
the model I modified for this.  A low system Fo frequency is suggested.
Perhaps increasing the primary voltage would get over some of the loss
issues.  Maybe a pig with a voltage larger than 14,400 is really suggested
at such high power levels...

Cheers,

	Terry