3000 turn's and psu

hello all,
tonight i took my system "on the road", a friend was having a birthday
party so i gave a show for all. this was the first run of my psu after
adding my new tank cap and the Pfc. caps, what a difference the caps
made. with my old 10-1 h/d secondary 4" by 42" the system gave 50" to
60" streamers without the Pfc. caps. with them and the new cap the pt
drove great 70"+ streamers with 4 or five breaking out simultaneously
from all over the toroid. i unhooked the Pfc. caps to see if the new cap
was the main benefit but the length dropped back down to 60" with one
maybe two at a time, so the Pfc. was adding allot to the system. i know
that most will say that they could have told me that, but i'm usually
the last one on the bus? the funny thing was that the 250uf for Pfc. of
the step down trans. seemed to do the most good? i lost one cap in my
1250uf bank (it was an old one)then streamer length dropped slightly.
i was very happy that the new cap fared so well, i'm ready for the 3000
turn secondary trials soon to come.
the 3000 turner is finished and i am starting to build the primary form
now, should have it done in a week or so? i was thinking that maybe it
would be a good idea to build a 1500 turn sec. to see what the
advantages to twice the turns would be? any suggestions on this? or
would it be better to go to a space wound coil of the same fres.even
though the h\d would change?
marc