RE: will this be a problem?

Yes - big problem.  Stand back and get ready for some fireworks.  A taped
Al/Cu junction is as good as no connection at all and will arc
spectacularly.

You have to solder the two ends together.  Stick a length of a clean,
tinned, brass #10 screw into the two ends and solder.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA