RE: will this be a problem?

Hi Pholp:
I just wound a 65+ foot primary on Saturday (16t. 8 to 24 inches diam) and
have the blisters to prove it. I used a splicing approach mentioned before
on the list which worked well.
Buy a 10-32x1" brass machine screw. Ream the 1/4" tubing ends until the
screw slides tightly into the tubing. Withdraw the screw and cut the head
off. Insert half into the end of roll number one and using a propane torch,
solder that half of the screw . Then insert the other half into roll number
two and do the same. Lightly file the joint. It was quick and easy and
strong. And it looks good. Hope this helps.

Ted Rosenberg
Geek Group Member #55
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Subject: will this be a problem?

Original poster: "Pholp Smiff" <kawanze-at-hotmail-dot-com>

i was winding my primary coil with .25" copper tubing and ran out (it was a
50 foot roll) and so i bought another 25 foot roll and started where the
other ended. I connected the two ends with aluminum tape (aka muffler repair

tape) will this be a problem? will if affect inductance or burn up when the
higher current goes through it?

thanks