Unknown type of HV capacitor

Dear fellow coilers,

I recently obtained a pair of HV capacitors and I have no idea about
their intended application, or whether or not they would be suitable
for a TC tank circuit.  (My initial feeling is "not".)  But maybe
someone on this list has come across these before, and can give me a
definite yes or no.  The details of these caps are:

Manufacturer:
Sprague
Nameplate details:
0.3 microfarad
50kV DC -at- 85 degrees C
62.5kV DC -at- 40 degrees C
Model number:
269 P223

The capacitor cases are 345mm long, 330mm high and 130mm wide.  The HV
terminals stand 205mm high above the top of the case. They must be at
least 20 years old.   If anyone on the list knows these beasts,
please let me knowa

John.
**********************************
John Sanderson