RE: question about SG

Hi Kevin,

I think that most folks who use the TCBOR (aka RQ) style gap use something
like .020"
per individual gap, if memory serves. Anyway, the total gap distance should
not exceed
0.2" total if you want your NST to live a long happy life. I am not familiar
with WinTesla,
I have yet to find a TC design program that satisfies me.
I use an excel spreadsheet that was originally published by Ed Sonderman and
is available from
the pupman site. It does not have anything about spark gaps in it, however.

For reference, a postcard (from the Post Office) is approx. .010" thick, a
typical business
card is .013" thick, and a sheet of 24lb inkjet paper is .05" thick. If you
were to use two business cards as a feeler gauge to set the distance between
each copper pipe and its neighbor for an individual gap distance of .023"
and a total gap distance of .184" that would be close enough.