Re: Output

At 03:09 AM 8/30/00 -0700, you wrote:

>> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

>> voltage:

>> account for about half the
>> pretty well in my tests.
>
>----
>This formula ,if you stick to the law of the
>conservation of  energy, suggests that 3/4 of innital
>energy is lost elsewhere (gap and so) and only 1/4
>goes to the buildup of secondary voltage.
>Doesn't it?
>
>Cheers,
>Boris

Hi Boris,

	Yes your are correct.  If 1/2 the energy went to charging the terminal
then the voltage would be multiplied by 0.7071 not 1/2.  Approximatly 1/2
the power is in the gap and another 1/4 is to the streamer leaving about
1/4 charging the top terminal voltage.  The stremer loading is sort of the
part I left out.  In gerneral, the equation works well but every coil will
be a bit different.  But for a fast simple equaiton, it is pretty close.
The 1/2 maybe should be 0.55, 0.61, etc. but 1/2 is my best guess at this time.

Cheers,

	Terry