RE: Tesla motor receiver

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: RE: Tesla motor receiver
>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:25:26 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Richard Barton" <richardbarton-at-caving5.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>Thanks for the various hints.
>I've put together a big loop of 1/4" copper tubing, around 24" diameter.
>I've simply soldered a diode to one end of that, to go to one of the motor
>terminals. Should the other end of the loop go to the other terminal ?
>or should a ground connection be involved as well ?
>I've fixed the loop in a vertical position, with its ends pointing
>downwards.
>Presumably, if the diode can rectify RF as advised by many of you, the
>motor would see this, after rectification as simply a "dirty" D.C.
>Advice please !
>							Richard.

Richard,

the most import thing is to have your recieving coil tuned to the same
frequency (but it doesn't have to be EXACT, know what I mean, close). a wide
variety of topload comes in handy when trying to peak the tune. onviously
you don't want to have sparks break out from the recieving coil's toplaod
either. the secondary coil of the reciever HAS TO BE GROUNDED (you could
even connect directly to the transmitting coil's ground). the RF currents
travel better through ground conduction than through air. attach a capacitor
to the primary coil (of reciever) to make it oscillate at the proper
frequency. you now should have 4 tuned circuits, just like the original
tesla patents and radio (2 for the trans and 2 for the reciever). i think
your best bet would be to attach the motor where the spark gap would
normally be (with diodes too).

DC motors run VERY well with pulsed DC, there is less arcing on the
commutater and brushes (both last longer, with less carbon build up). you
won't really need to worry about any RF filtering or cleaning up the signal
to the motor, it will be fine.

(maybe this will help)

$ - rectified motor
$