Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Chip,

I second Michaels comment. Often I've searched the archives by authorship.
Often,
some authors spark our interest more than others and often subject doesn't
narrow
the posts down. But, if there is a serious problem with spamming, then
there are
probably other ways of performing the searches to achieve similar results.
If the
spamming is simply a "good practice" recommendation and not historical
events at
pupman, then maybe just play it by ear and if it becomes a problem, then do
whatever is needed.

Just my thoughts (do what you feel is best  - I won't ask for a
re-count<grin>),

Bart