Re: Apartment coilers beware!

Original poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com

ralph,

Yes, indeed you can build a nice small coil to use in a small room. Steel
beams are an ok ground for a little coil 18" arcs or so, IMHO, as long as
there is enough to "counterpoise" the coil. There was much discussion on this
a while back, but I don't remember if there was a final outcome. I ran my 4
1/2" coil with 42" arcs in my basement with no problems, although I used an
outside ground rod. I did build a little coil with a 10/23 OBIT which uses
the house gound, which is not always the best idea, but was necessary in this
case.

Chris