Re: The RAT coil.

Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/2/00 8:47:08 PM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< The downward hit just connects to the ground tiles, and the ladder is
 not grounded (but it should have been) it stands on the anti skid rubber
 pads. >>

Finn,
That's interesting because I am getting the itch to build my first 1/4 wave
coil in my
basement workshop. Also thinking about a pair of 838s in a VTTC. No ground,
just the concrete floor, lots of overhead conduit, phone, TV, audio lines and
the large steel I-beam
that might make an attractive target. Sorta like the ladder. I'll keep the
power at around 1500 Watts.
Any suggestions? Ground tiles? Are they on top of concrete?

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman