Re: Sync gap test

Original poster: "Jon Rosenstiel" <jonr-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Subject: Re: Sync gap test

> Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 11/30/00 1:58:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>

> Jon,
>
> Last night I ran the coil for several minutes and immediately checked the
> temperature of all four rotating electrodes>

 <snip>

Ed,

Thanks for the feedback. With your input power I can see why it would be
difficult to detect any electrode heating. In my case I was running a 5kVA
pig, so my stainless steel, (gasp!),  acorn nut electrodes got warm pretty
quickly. It was easy to determine the temperature difference, (which I had
plenty of).

Sorry to hear about your flaming secondary, isn't this hobby great?

FWIW: In tests with my SRSG at 120bps I found that the closer I gapped the
electrodes the better the coil performance was. (I'm using 0.018" now). I
also found that two gaps gave better performance than four gaps.

Jon