Saturable Reactor Repost??

Original poster: "Trent Mullins" <neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi All,

I posted these questions a little while ago and didn't receive any responses.
Maybe it got lost in the mix.
Terry thinks that it will work ( Thanks Terry  ;-)  but I really would value
communication with
someone using a saturable reactor for current control.  Anybody?

Thanks a million,

Trent

Original poster: "Trent Mullins"
<<mailto:neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hello TCML,

I picked up a saturable reactor recently that was used to regulate current on a
15kva neon bombarding transformer (essentially a pole pig).

I plan on using this to regulate current on my new 10kva pig.

Does anyone foresee any problems with this?
Will the added capacitance of the Tesla tank circuit cause problems?
Anyone using a saturable reactor out there?
Comments/questions?

Thanks,

Trent