Re: Saturable Reactor Repost??

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Trent

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Trent Mullins" <neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I posted these questions a little while ago and didn't receive any responses.
>
> Maybe it got lost in the mix.
> Terry thinks that it will work ( Thanks Terry  ;-)  but I really would value
> communication with
> someone using a saturable reactor for current control.  Anybody?

I've heard of these reactors but have not used or seen one. Most of us who
require external current limiting with our pigs or pt's use make-shift reactors
(variacs, welders, etc.). However, if this reactor was designed or used to
limit current at 15kva, then it should work just fine. Just like any reactor,
when you here it growl it's saturating and it's time to back off the current.

Good luck,
Bart