Re: New Capacitor

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hi Mike, JW, Bert,

Mike Novak wrote:

<<<I'm afraid to ask how much you paid for this... But my .1uF 36kV MMC cost
me
230 clams and If I had two buy four times that many, I'd just say screw
it...>>>

And JW wrote:

<<<If I may be a bit curious, what did you have to bid to
obtain your most capable capacitor?>>>

That's the real beauty of this beast. It only cost me a total of $127.50,
including shipping. I considered this a really good deal!

And Bert Hickman wrote:

<<<Based upon the small physical size of the cap, it MAY actually be a
Mylar energy storage cap... Maxwell makes both types, and the low duty
cycle of a Marx generator does not require the low RF loss
characteristics of a Polypropylene cap. Do you happen to have a Maxwell
part number? >>>

Yes, I was afraid this could be a possibility but unfortunately, I don't have
the part number or serial number available. It has the standard Maxwell
label, but none of the info is printed in the appropriate blanks. I figured at
the reasonable cost that I paid, I could afford to risk this possibility.

BTW, thank all of you for your most informative explanations concerning
the bombarders. Now I'm an intelligent imbecile :^)

Keeping 'em Sparking in Memphis,
David Rieben