Re: Polyurethane (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 07:21:37 EST
From: quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Polyurethane

Hey all.
Having just read these, I'm starting to get a little panicky- I went to the
hardware store and asked for polyurethane, and was given an appropriate
aeresol. Having read these posts, I had a look on the can - it doesn't say
ANYTHING about its contents, ingredients wise- what it does so though, is
"Do NOT use Estapol Satin [the stuuf I was given] with Estapol 7008 or visa
versa"... This seems to indicate to me that at least one of the afore
mentioned products is reactive. I'm just wondering - has anyone else used
this product before? Its full name is "WATTYL- Estapol Satin".
If I can't use it, I'm sure the TC base wouldn't mind a few layers of it :)

Also, whilst fossiking under the house, I found a TIN of polyurethane. This
looks much more hopeful than the spray on stuff that I have - is it alright
to paint polyureathane on?

Thanks for you help
Simon
10" thru winding a 24" secondary by hand ;)