NST protection

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston" <quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hey all-
thanks for the overwhelming response- I saved myself greif, and cut the
tops off my HDPE supports, and the coil went in with a satisfying click :)

I also pickup up a NST today- a shopping centre replaced its entire
neon-light displays- I went into a room, and had a choice of about 20
NST's! It was great.. I settled for a 15kV 24mA NST; I didn't want to go
any higher (I don't want to die on my first coil :))

Now that I've got this thing, I would like to know how to protect it- I
have seen the odd diagram floating around the net, but was wondering if
anyone had found a simple cost-effective way...

Thanks again,
Simon