Re: Questions (fwd)

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston" <quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au>

> 2) What exactly do Faraday Cages do? I've heard that they virtually
> eliminate
> electromagnetic and radio frequency interference, and if this is true,
> I'd
> like to find out how to build a nice-looking one for my coil since RF
> grounding is somewhat out of the question (this is going to be a smaller
> coil
> being run mainly indoors away from any suitable RF ground, and I'll be
> transporting it to lots of places which would require a small setup
> time).

Knowing that electricity in this case is based on an inverse-sqaure law, eg
force=1/dist^2, if you work it out, anywhere inside an hollow enclosed
object no electric force exists. So, in essence, by having your TC inside
an enclosed object [or semi-enclosed, such as a cage, or chicken-wire etc]
you cancel out any electric forces to the outside..

Do any other members want to back me up on that? [If I paid enough
attention in physics, I think I'm right :P]

Best luck in coiling, and remember, take your time - that's probably the
best advice..

Simon