Re: How do I work out secondary former diameter?

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/7/00 6:48:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Matt,

The 1/4 wavelength for the wire length does not apply to Tesla coils.
It doesn't matter how long the wire is as long as the coil is tuned
properly.

Also, regarding secondary wire thickness and losses.  This has to
be considered in conjunction with the spark gap losses.  This is
very important because it's actually a tradeoff between secondary
losses and gap losses.  Perhaps surprisingly, a thinner wire on the
secondary can give much better results than a thicker wire.   More
about this at my website at:

   http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

John Freau
----

> As I recall the physics of the situation from too many years ago, the
maximum

>  standing wave is established in the secondary (Max voltage at very top)
when