Re: RF Chokes (was Re: Third try at first light)

Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

Hi Steve,

	When the main gap shorts, the cap to ground and the series chock will ring
just like the primary circuit.  You are shorting the filter caps out
through the inductor.  This ring may be just as bad as the primary circuit
ring.  Thus "I" would use resistors instead of chokes so there will not be
any ringing.  You may want to check the following especially the last two.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/rcfilter/rcfilter.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/primarycircuits/pricir.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Filter.jpg