Re: Secondary wire size concerns

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Nathan,

The insulation on 31 awg is 0.0008" (single build), so plan on a little
over 1200 turns.

I think it will work fine. There have been other good working coils using
31 awg.

Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <themfam-at-home-dot-com>

> Hello list,
> Last night I finished some planning on my first coil.  The secondary will
be 12
> inches high, 3 inches in diameter and will need to be wound with 31 AWG.
That