Re: Blown Capacitor!!

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Ed (sympathy's Roderick),

I was thinking about an MMC for my pig, however, someone here did build one
and it
was HUGE and COSTLY! I've since been waiting for prices to go down (looks
like I'll
be waiting for a looonggg time). Have to agree with the safety gap across
the rotary
- my SRSG is set up the same way. I'd hate to lose the prof. caps I'm using
now at
the cost of a pig MMC. However, if I did lose them, I would probably go the
MMC route
(1) for the experience, (2) for the possible variations, and (3) for the
ability to
design the cap to the coil rather than limiting the coil to the cap.

Take care,
Bart