Re: Tesla TV comments

Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mfergerson1-at-home-dot-com>

  Hi, all.

  I checked the website mentioned earlier to see when the special
would be on locally and Lo! it was on last night at 10 p.m. (too late
to find a blank tape). I agree with David's assessment; a sort of
cloying "let's give some credit, finally" overall tone, with much
discussion of the fights with Edison and Marconi. Nice radio speech by
Fiorello LaGuardia (mayor of NY) when Tesla died stating how much of
civilization wouldn't exist without his work (was that a
reconstruction, like Stacy Keach doing Tesla's voice?). Our Hero won
in the end, anyway, as we know.

  I was also surprised at all the "death-ray" coverage which
unfortunately seemed to accent the "mad scientist" aspect, with plenty
of obvious military propaganda footage showing the British "design"
for a beam weapon (surely bogus, intended to get the Axis to waste
resources duplicating it). I remember seeing a particular part of the
so-called "lost papers" elsewhere, namely the bit that coupled the
particle beam to the atmosphere; a "vortex window" that kept vacuum in
the apparatus without needing pumps. Has anyone else seen this? URL,
maybe?

  Mark L. Fergerson

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Huffman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <huffman-at-fnal.gov>