Primary Questions

Original poster: "Chris Brick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cbrick-at-rebelbase-dot-com>

I am building a small coil and would like to use copper strap for my
primary.  Is there an easy way to determine the inductance of the
primary.  Most of the Tesla programs I have seen compute using copper
tubing as the input.  I suppose I am looking for an equation to get a rough
estimate.

Also, are there any concerns, other than turn to turn breakdown, regarding
the spacing between turns on a primary?  Is there a proximity effect issue
as there is in close wound secondaries?

Also, do the sharp edges of the copper strap bleed off power if corona forms?

Thanks,

Chris