Re: Rebuilding an OBIT

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

maybe an explanation on how to calculate the cross sectional area of the
core would be a
great help for those trying to get a grip on winding there transformers and
inductors? is
it the sum of all the exposed areas in the cross section and to figure core
mass, is it the
sum of all iron area in the core?
thanks.
marc