Re: Resonator base impedance (help needed)

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Bert,

Excellent write up of skin effect and proximity losses.

Question about proximity losses:
Assuming at resonance reactances cancel leaving the above losses, you
mentioned there is no closed-form
approach that can be used to estimate proximity effect. It seems to me that
once calculating and removing
skin effect losses, that what is left over can be attributed largely to
proximity losses. Obviously a
measurement is required to identify losses, then break down the losses into
their respect catagories and
lump the remaining to proximity losses. I'm sure eddy currents and misc.
losses will be part of this
value, but the largest contributor should be the proximity losses. It's not
a "closed-form" method, but
would this approach work?

Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>