Re: Measuring NST current

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:
> Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

> Hi David,

>         It can be done but you have to be really careful!  The voltage
across the
> meter is low and about near ground but if anything goes wrong at all the
> meter will get fried.  You have to carefully make sure the meter and leads
> are in the 400mA current range.  The meter has to be well insulated from
> everything else.  if the fuse in the meter blows (or was already blown), it
> will fry.

	Sounds good to me.  If accessible, putting a bypass on the
	fuse might help.  Also, with a bit of digging, one can come
	up with ac milliameters for under $5 (ham radio fleas, notably...)
	Toasting one of thosei less likely and a LOT more affordable..

	best
	dwp