Re: John Freau's SRSG Dwell Controller

Hi John,

At 04:36 PM 12/19/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/19/00 2:14:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
>> At the worst position, the current is still only 60% of the current
>>  the motor draws in normal operaton without the circuit installed.
>>
>>  I next measured the voltage across the motor.  At the highest,
>>  it jumps up 10 volts above the input line voltage of 122 volts,
>>  which is not too bad.  I'm not using a resistor in the circuit.
>>
>>  John Freau
>>
>Terry, all,
>
>I looked at this on the scope.  Very spiky current.  I'm not sure
>if my cheap meter is reading accurately.  THe power factor looks
>better with the circuit in place, and does not vary much as the
>variac is adjusted.  The circuit changes the power factor to a
>lagging PF.
>
>John Freau

It is very possible the circuit works just fine as is.  The computer model
is just a guess without any testing to see if it is correct.  Maybe tonight
I will get a chance to hook some stuff up and see if the model is real or
just a bunch of balony.  These models always have to be tested to be sure
they are correct and I would not be surprised at all if this is one case
were it is far off.  Only true measurements and testing will tell.  I am
also using 1/4 HP motors which may or may not make a difference.  I took
some scope measurements of just the motors the other day:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/SRSG-VI.gif

Cheers,

	Terry