Re: 155 KV 100 MA Rectifiers & AC Meters

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Duncan.
	How does the sparking make it operate? Unless I have got it wrong I
can't see that it would make any difference whether it sparks or not. I
have thought of a big advantage with using a mechanical system in that
it gives a discharge path to ground for the filter caps as long as you
turn off the HT before the rectifier motor. This strikes me as a good
reason to build one. Correct me if I am wrong on this one someone
please.

cheers
bob golding

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>