Re: More Coupling...

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Paul and Everyone,

My reply here is to ask (plead) for more coiers to make coupling measurements.
All that is needed is a DMM capable of volt and amp readings (or meters capable
of this). Also needed is a primary that can be moved above and below the
secondary base line in steps (or the secondary to achieve the same result).
Measurement is easy (we can define that later).

If case you haven't kept up with this thread, I have found an increase in
coupling error to Paul's program "acmi" predictions (error increases in the
direction of increased coupling). What I would like to find out with your help
is:

1. is current changing during measurement (and not realized),
2. is the flat primary shape causing the error,
3. if #2 is correct, does acmi need to apply a correction of some type,
4. if #3, is this true for only flat primary's?
5. Lot's of other little tid bits to increase our coupling knowledge.

So we need some flat, helical, and conical coupling measurements as well. This
type of comparison has been needed for some time and the information will add
another little wrinkle in our coiling brains.

Any takers? Anyone?

Thanks,
Bart