From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 6:58 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Capacitors

Original poster: "Tim by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<warpath-at-wtp-dot-net>

Hi to All, My name is Tim Walrath. I am endeavoring to build my first
Tesla Coil. I have purchased a 15000 volt neon sign transformer that
puts out 450VA at 30MA. I am wanting to build my own capacitors. I am
planning on using LDPE sheets at 6mil thickness and aluminun roof
flashing for the conductor plates. I am purchasing some polypropylene to
make the cases and plexiglass to make the tops. I am having trouble
figuring out how to figure the capacitance needed for the caps- that is
how much LDPE to use between each conductor plate. Math never was my
best subject but I do want to be able to figure this out. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks, Tim