Re: More Coupling...

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

Terry,
      what you say makes sense if you believe the "sinusoidal" voltage
pattern with an antinode at the top where dv/ds=0 and a node at the bottom
where dv/ds=max (s=axial position), and I have no reason not to believe it.

However, I seem to have had the most racing sparks in the middle of my
secondary, not at the bottom. I had thought this was because a high K
caused resonances at harmonics above the fundamental F of the secondary...

Are harmonic resonances real, could this explain any racing sparks, are
they really related to K?

-Pete.

(ps, I'm not talking about sparks from secondary to primary, rather just
from winding to winding on the secondary, and usually across many turns
at a time, like 2 inches away)

(pps, without real test equipement (ie an oscilloscope) I feel like a
blind man wandering around in a dark room...)