Re: Capacitors Revealed

Well ok Tim,

But realize, that you are missing out on a lot of fun(?):

Spending days on a rolled poly cap that "pops" after 10 seconds of use.

Having it leak all over the floor..

Having it explode on your roof and oiling your shingles on Halloween (I
guess that was a commercial not homemade poly oil cap).

Walking into the grain and feed store in your polyester suit asking for cow
laxative oil...

Running inside to get the dish detergent to try and prevent the big oil
stain on the concrete patio... (hey, that worked! ;-))

Spending weeks on a 10nF cap and finding that you need 30nF...

Yeah, MMC are the way to go.  A number of people stopped their oil/poly
caps in mid constuction to go to MMCs and never looked back.  MMCs were
definitly the big advance in 1999...

Cheers,

	Terry