Re: Capacitors

Original poster: "Mike Waddick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mikew-at-winternet-dot-com>

terry, tim,

I agree with Terry totaly. I have made a homebuilt cap and it was big. I had
it in a big plastic container and was filled with gallons of oil. I once
spilled the oil out and man was it messy. It weighed about 150 pounds
(atleast) i trashed the thing before every using it.

I then bought some caps from Mike Novak who did a bulk buy. I used these
caps in a MMC that costed me about 80 dollers in teh end.

i used to buy my caps from Hosfelt electronics. there GE caps that were 3kv
at .1mfd. These were nice little caps. And very cheap. Once i informed Mike
Novak he canceled his order for the caps from teh bulk buy and went out and
bought over 200 dollers worth of these caps. So with all the buying of these
caps i bought out the last ones that had.

do you know what size cap you will need? i made some strings that are
mounted on acrylic strips and are rated at .01 at 30kv and have drilled
brass hook ups.
i would be willing to sell you one of these strings for 20 dollers, they
should last awhile

mike