Re: 6.3 inches coil & Scot D Gap

Original poster: "Samuel Rosset by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <samr-at-bluewin.ch>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 1:37 AM
Subject: RE: 6.3 inches coil & Scot D Gap

Hi Michael

Well thank you for your advice! This might explain why my caps did burn.
They produced nice yellow flames, but this wasn't their primary purpose!
I'll follow you advice for my next MMC, hoping this one will be the good
one! I also thought that the failure might come from the fact that I only
had TWO strings of caps in serie, which means that a very high current was
flowing in each string. For the next MMC, I will propably have more than two
strings

regards

Samuel