MMC Cap Source

Original poster: "Steve & Jackie Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-com>

Hi cap builders,

I just checked an unlikely source to see if they still have MMC quality caps,
and they do.  Have a look at <http://www.madisound-dot-com/>www.madisound-dot-com/ and
look in their catalog listings under General Electric.  They bought a large
quantity of GE metalized PP caps (like Hosfelt used to have), and apparently
still have some.  Examples:  0.022mF -at- 2KV 42 cents each, 0.15 at 1.2KV for 77
cents.  0.22 at 2 KV for 99 cents.

The .022 mF listing might be in error because I thought I bought their entire
stock about a year ago.  Maybe they found some more - call and ask.  They may
go lower in price to get rid of them (for example, I paid less than the 42
cents for my caps.)

They also carry other caps, some specifically designed to rip off the
audiophile (audiofool?) market.  Can you imagine paying about $9 for a .01mF
1600 V cap (see Hovland)?  See the very amusing writeups about the sonic
qualities of the caps!