Re: More Coupling...

Hi All,

I retook the physical measurements of my coil and measured the capacitance
from primary to secondary.

I have the center of the primary plane 16.875 inches off the floor.
The inner primary radius is 5.95 inches.
There outer radius is 13.38 inches.
The primary tubing diameter is 0.252 inches.
There are 19.563 primary turns.
The secondary is still 10.25 x 30.0 inches.
There are 1000.5 turns
The secondary wire is 0.0201 inches in diameter.
The split 6 leg foil ground plane is on the floor but it is not connected
to anything.
The primary and secondary are floating.
My primary and secondary spiral (out and up) in the same direction.

Pictures at:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Temp/acmi1.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Temp/acmi2.jpg

The primary to secondary capacitance measures:

Height (inches)	Capacitance (pF)
0			42.2
1			36.4
2			33.7
3			29.4
4			27.6
5			25.8
6			23.6
7			22.6
8			21.8
9			21.1
10			19.8
11			19.4
12			19.0
13			18.5
14			18.0
15			17.6

I'll try to do and report on more tonight as time permits.

Cheers,

	Terry