Re: acmi error found?

Hi Bart,

At 09:42 AM 12/23/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>Although I didn't get an LCR for Christmas, I did manage to win the football
>pool at work this weekend, so with an extra $150 in my pocket, I may yet
>have that LCR meter.

An LCR meter is great for the secondary, caps, and all kinds of other stuff
but they are pretty bad for the primary inductance.  The inductance is so
low that LCR meters are pretty bad.  I used a scope, frequency generator,
frequency counter, and the HP 34401a to detect the absolute peak in my
measurements.  Yips!  that's about $3000 bucks worth of toys!!  But get the
LCR meter!  They are invaluable and I use mine all the time!  The B&K 878
or 875 are fine toys!  I have an old Elnico but I use the B&K's at work.
Stanford makes a super ultra nice one but it is an extra grand :-(.

Ed wonders why we try to take these super accurate measurements even beyond
the level of practicality.  It is, of course, to justify the cost of our
"stuff" that we love to play with so much :-)))  When I was doing the last
test, I noticed some "noise" in the reading.  A little searching the panel
found that magic button and... noise gone! :-)))

Cheers,

	Terry