Re: Warning about Magnetek(sp?) Jefferson NST's and a depottingquestion.

Original poster: "Travis Tabbal by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigboss-at-xmission-dot-com>

FWIW, I have a 15/60 of this brand that has had no problems with extended
runtimes on my coil. I
don't use chokes, I have an RC filter and 2 saftey gaps on my 6" coil and
just a single saftey gap
on my 3" coil. You could have gotten voltage rise from those chokes, Terry
Fritz had an excellent
article on his website detailing the situation with chokes.

If the tar was that bad, it was probably just a bad tar job. Though perhaps
I should open up my
unit and have a look. I'd hate to burn it out. ;)

Travis

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>